<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, January 27 

Ahhh Valentines Day.

Cursed bloody Valentines' Day. Hallmark's single most profitable day, is only a mere 2 weeks away. What do I say? Bah!

Bah to the Cosmo mags that give a run down of what each gift REALLY means when you get one. It was funny, they rate what flowers mean "Gifts on a budget". Chocolates? "Boring and unoriginal". Fluffy critters? "Great, if you're five". What was left? Jewelry and trips. Well... maybe not this year.

We are brought up hoping that we will have a Valentine, it goes as far back as grade school. Everyone waiting and hoping for that one special person (or many persons) who wants to be your special person for that day. It was always a great thing getting those little perforated cardboard school Valentines. I actually still have one from my grade 1 friend Joel. I think it said something like, "Peek-a-Boo, I love you!" It meant a lot to me in elementary, and somewhere in my mind, it still does. Although really, I am sure it was just the next Valentine picked at random out of the box. Sigh.

Do men think of this day as a marketing gimmick for chocolate and flower stores? I am thinking so as it is almost 1 in every million men who actually stop to appreciate their special lady on that day. Not that they can't do it any other day but Valentines Day is... well... Valentines Day.

Bottom line. Do I need a valentine this year? Of course I do. It makes me feel special.

Maybe I can just sit at home and wait in hopeful breath that my prince in shining armor will walk through my door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment