<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, January 27 

Sex in the Suburbs.

Mmmmm sex.

Ok so everyone does it. Even if it's with themselves. The trick is to do it good.

Now, I'm no expert but I will admit, I have had my share of encounters. Not that... oh boy. Well... yah.

List how many friends you can actually have a serious conversation with about sex. How come you aren't holding up a whole hand of fingers? What does this say about our culture if you can't talk to everyone about this subject?

Seems to be that I am on some sort of Cosmopolitan kick lately but really- that is the root of all that is trashy. Each month there is a new Kama Sutra move (this month sounds hard- they gave it a 10 for degree of difficulty. That has gotta say something!), there is always about 5 pages where the Cosmo ladies interviewed the men and asked them for their favourite sexual things and there is always some sort of sex secret that Cosmo JUST unveiled and that they need to take credit for. Right. But for whatever reason, I eat these magazines up. I go to the local Safeway, pretend I am there to buy my usual weekly supply of lunch food and end up purchasing a Cosmo mag for $4.99US plus tax. Man they have me sucked in good.

Anyways, back on topic.

Sex.

I bought a card not too long ago that says "Sex is like oxygen, you don't realize how bad you need it until you are missing it". How true. I am not trying to say that I can not live another day without the steaminess, but what I am saying is that the idea of being with someone is definitely a huge force to be reckoned with. And let's look at what we call "intimacy" too, because being with someone intimately, without the sex, is, I say, almost better than the act of sex itself.

Being intimate with someone can be as simple as playing with each others fingers across a table, or throwing snowballs at each other in some remote school playground. It can also be as great as cooking together and watching Dave Matthews Band DVDs together. Being intimate with someone also means kissing and hugging and holding hands and well... you know.... under then sheets stuff.

Then there's the bigger, more intimate stuff. You know, the stuff that happens when clothes start flying against the wall and sheets get mangled and hair gets that sexy "bed look".

Count how many friends you can have a serious (i.e. no giggling) conversation with. Now count how many friends you have (even secretly) considered having sex with. Why is it that in our culture, the wrong list has you holding so many fingers being held up (no pun intended)? It's something to think about.

Now excuse me while I go finish my Cosmo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment