<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, March 7 

The pleasantries of the Shell car wash.

Each Sunday afternoon, I pack myself into Alistair (and for those of you who don't know- Alistair is my car) and drive to the Willowpark Shell station.

A couple reasons why I go there.
1. If I smile nicely, the guy behind the counter gives me bonus airmiles.
2. Gas is usually about $0.001 cheaper.
3. They have the best carwash, usually...

On my daily venture today, I had my dad in the co-pilot seat. I think he was fairly new to car washes- seemed a little curious as to the whole thing going on around him. But then again, I was too.

We pulled up to the station where I am suppose to punch the code in, and I did. Dad asked me if I turn off my car when going into it- no daddy- I put my car in neutral. After about a meter into the carwash- I knew something was wrong. The lack of pressure coming from the hoses was a definite sign of a good $8.99 (plus tax) wasted. We hit the foaming wash part and it only covered the last 1/4 of my car. Again, not amused.

The carwash actually came to a halt. My car was not moving. I was sitting there looking around waiting to be either held up by some masked weirdo or for the entire building to come crumbling down on me. Dad was brave enough to get out and leave through the exit door (by the way, the exit door wasn't marked anywhere- Scott- you're a firefighter- don't you deal with things like that? Poorly marked exit doors?). I put my hazard lights on, and sat patiently in my car, waiting for a sign of intellegent life to come back and save me.

Ten minutes later, a Shell employee turned off the car wash then turned it back on. I was pushed out and drove up to the cashier/convenience store part. Fellow drivers and patrons inside the station were laughing at me. I can handle the odd chuckle at my convenience- but not this time. Oh no- I had random pink and yellow and blue foam running down the sides of my car.

My dad was the brave soul who spoke with the employee about a new car wash ticket seeing how I still had street salt all over the sides of my car. This was the classic line.

"Maybe this time you should put your car in neutral".

Ahem? Right. I wasn't going to touch that one with a 10-foot pole. Good thing he didn't tell that to my face. (Because I am OH SO tough).

I ended up going back through the car wash- IN NEUTRAL, this time with a clean car and a smile on Alistairs face.

Moral of the story- there is no moral actually. I just wanted to tell you what happened. I guess maybe- make sure your car is is neutral when going through the car wash. Rrrrright.

PS- Thanks dad, if it wasn't for you getting out and braving the sprayers, I would still be sitting there wondering what was happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment