<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, March 7 

We call him Luther.

So my fish, he's black.

Almost a charcoal colour actually. He is about 12 cm long- a regular ol' Goldfish by anyone else�s eyes- but a lucky star in mine.

The other day when I came home from work, he was laying in the fish bowl, on his side, not moving. I scooped him up with the fishy scooper and put him in my moms� best measuring cup. (I don't think she is too impressed about it but what can you do?) It was either an extremely deep bond I had with my fish or the fact I was stupid tired, because I started crying. Not just little tears, I was actually afraid I was going to flood the house.

He was lying in the measuring cup for a couple hours, I checked on him periodically. Because I didn't feel like waking up to a dead fish in my room, I asked my dad to do the honours and flush him. He took the cup from me and I fell asleep.

In the morning, I woke up, had a shower, and when I walked back through the kitchen- my fish was in the measuring cup, on the kitchen table, swimming. Hm.

I wasn't unhappy, but I wasn't happy. My fish was toying with my emotions. Mom checked on him through out the day and told me I should probably feed him- maybe he wasn't getting enough food in the other tank. I actually believe the other 3 ORANGE goldfish in the tank were bullying up on him. You know, he�s black and the other guys are orange�

This whole thing happened on Thursday night- it is now Sunday morning and he is alive and well.

I was sure only humans were asses to each other about what colour their skin was- not fish. Sad to find out it happens to everything.

Despite the odds, he is still alive. Sound like any other famous black person you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment