<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, May 8 

Calgary - Home To The Worlds Rarest Hippo.

Our city should be called something new. I mean- Calgary? No- how about "Crappyroads"?

Ok. So maybe that was a little uncreative and unoriginal but that's all I had.

Last night while driving with CJ, I made a reference to the city spending their $100 million dollar government gst cheque on tourist attraction improvements. I said this after I almost lost Alistair's shocks to a crater sized pothole on Elbow Drive. I believe I said, "maybe this city shouldn't spend $40 million on a new aquarium for the zoo but instead on fixing these roads". His reply- "but we need a place to exhibit the rare hippopotamus".

Yep. That's right. Thanks for coming out.

Out of $100 million the city is receiving, all that money is going towards various tourist attraction upgrades in Calgary. Um. Yah.

Traffic is a pain in the ass everyday because of this city's lack of planning (some call it 'urban sprawl', others call is 'bad city planning'. Whatever it is, our city is dumb spending money on these piddily things. Heritage Park? The Zoo? Neither are world class attractions therefore why spend money on these things when the money could be spent on fixing up some of these roads.

Our city is known for the Calgary Stampede- not for housing a rare hippo at the zoo. Maybe put some of the money towards subsidizing thost patrons who actually want to go to the Stampede but can't afford it. Ahhh- see I am making sense. Ha! City Council who?

I swear I do more damage to Alistair driving around the city than I do 4x4ing.