<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 9 

Sweet Nectar from the Music Gods.

In case you are looking for some new tuneage, I am going to share a couple of my favourites with you. Maybe I can get at least one person on to some of my faves. Doesn't hurt to try... right?

Dave Matthews
His new solo album, Some Devil, kicks ass. One song in particular, Stay or Leave, hit me hard. When I listen to it I think of both people leaving me in my life, as well as think about how wonderful it is that they aren't in my life anymore. Oooh that sounded catty.

Joseph Arthur
This guy is new in my books. I was randomly downloading music from "The O.C." soundtrack and came across his song, "Honey and the Moon" and fell in love with it. I have purchased two of his cds since and both are spectacular. It's a mellower type of music- comparable to David Gray or even Dave Matthews. If you like them, you'll love Joseph.

Aqualung
No, this is not Jethro Tull. When I saw Dido in concert back a couple weeks ago, this random English band, Aqualung, opened for her. They had this distinct British sound. The kind that entices you and makes you want to hear more. Well, I have downloaded some of their music and have found out that they are all over the place! They actually made their way on to the "O.C." soundtrack too. You can't get their record in Canada unless you special order it which takes 4-6 weeks (I have tried and have got impatient waiting for it to come). If anything, check out their website- it's kinda fun.

Josh Rouse
Who sings about being "Under the cold blue stars" and makes my heart sing the most? Yah- this guy. Love him. Super small gig guy. And if his website gives you any indication of what he is like, forget it and start off fresh. Another mellow guy- a little voice but tons to say.

Other mentionables...
Josh Groban, Dido, Matchbox Twenty, John Mayer, and G. Love and the Special Sauce. On most of these websites, they offer free samples of the bands music so check them out!

Those are my picks for today. I might come up with a couple more eventually... those should keep you busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment