<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, June 17 

Turned off by suits in a sandbox.

I feel bad for Paul Martin.

The other night at the debate, Martin seemed run down and kicked in the shins. Harper was a jackass to him, Layton wore the same tie as Harper (therefore making me think the NDP and the Conservatives have something going on... if you know what I mean...), and who the heck is this Gilles Duceppe guy? And why the heck wasn't the Green Party there? If anything, by having the Green Party not participate, it has gained more media attention to them- and yes, James, they just might win a couple seats.

Martin is the leader of the wrong party. If anything, he should be the head of the table for the Conservatives; not Harper. I just wanted to hug Mr. Martin. Harper should be the head of the Liberals so we can kick him down and tell him how greedy and blind he is.

I was unimpressed with the way the Conservatives and the NDP ganged up on Martin. Sure they showed the winner of the debate. (By the way, I have no idea where I am going with this...)

Mr. Duceppe shouldn't have even been invited. He is there by representation of one province. If they were there representing only one province and only a minority of people- why wasn't the Green Party allowed to put their two or three cents in like the rest of the legit dudes?

Mr. Duceppe
"We will determine our position based on Quebec's interests." Case in point. That was taken from Mr. Duceppe's opening remarks from the debate. You're so out!

Mr. Layton
"Canadians have been telling me that they are upset with the scandals, they don't want to reward scandals with broken promises and give the Liberals a fourth mandate. They want change but they're worried about the Conservatives hidden agenda." In Mr. Layton's opening remarks, no where does it say anything about voting for him. Go team Layton!

Mr. Harper
"This election is not about choosing a country we're all Canadians. This election is about choosing a government. It's about choosing a government free from 10 years of Liberal waste, mismanagement and scandal. A government that will be accountable, a government that can be trusted." I have been taught that when someone says "honestly" and "seriously", they are lying through their teeth. In all of Harpers interviews he says that. Haha. Liar. I am so on to you!

Mr. Martin
"On June 28 Canadians will elect either myself or Mr. Harper to serve as prime minister. It's a choice that matters because we have very different values and we offer very different prescriptions for the future." The race is down to Harper and Martin- I am glad that Martin ruled the other two dummies out. Ahhh Martin... if only your party name wasn't Liberal...

Politics are so political. Why oh why, can't this country be run democratically? I know we get to vote; but not on things that actually matter. Sure the federal election is big- but so is sending troops to war, same sex marriages, health care, and education. Why don't we get to vote on those topics?

By no means does this little posting mean that I am trying to throw my propaganda at you- but what I do want you to think about is why you are voting for the dude you are voting for. Maybe one day I will run for government. Heck why not? It seems like a bunch of other Joe Schmos can do it- maybe I can exceed that and become the best damn dressed Prime Minister this country has ever seen.

(I promise I will stop writing about the federal election soon... I am sure my American friends are sick and tired of it, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment