<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, July 16 

Cold, heartless, but I would kick their ass.

So let's say I crash and burn on the side of the road- ultimately perishing in the wreck. I would in fact like it if someone put some sort of memorial at the site. If anything, just as a reminder to the fellow drivers that there was an accident, sorry nothing is an accident, a collision, at that particular spot.
 
Anywhere in the city that I see these memorials, I do look around for potential hazards. Heck, I might even slow down.
 
The City has banned these tributes/memorials.  It is a direct violation of a city ordinance that bans the roadside tributes because they are deemed as distractions to the drivers.  City workers have been known to even tear these tributes down.
 
Ok. These tributes aren't billboard size. These memorials are no more distracting than the advertising gack on the side of the road. Anyone notice how many election signs were on the side of the road- and still are there?
 
On the Trans Canada highway driving through BC around Golden, there is a huge billboard with an actual car that was involved in a fatal collision on the side of the road. This billboard has a powerful message attached to it, along with the words "Don't speed". Plain and simple. Yes, this billboard is distracting. But in a good way. Each time I see that car, it gives me chills.
 
If in fact, I do want the city workers to pull down my tribute. I would come back and haunt them. Moo wa ha ha ha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment