<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, July 6 

I am a visible minority.

While driving home today from work I came to the realization that yes, I am special. Almost doctor certified in fact.

Yes, I signal when I change lanes:
Guess what, I even merge correctly too. I know, I know. It's a rarity these days but I do believe I have mastered it. As for stopping before the crosswalk, I still have issues with that- I know. Yes James, I know.

When someone does something well, I thank them and appreciate it:
I know, it could be easier to just take credit for it myself, but I in fact have to face myself in the mirror each time I go to the washroom or even look in my rear view mirror. I wouldn't be able to look at myself if took credit for something I didn't do. Hm. Maybe someone should think about that one. I have a conscious.

If I say thank you, please don't look at me like I am drunk. I don't drink:
This is probably the hardest one to grasp. I don't understand why it is so hard to say two simple words. Thank. You. Super easy. Heck- it might even get you a couple extra Airmiles somewhere sometime.

If I pay for you in the car behind me in the drive-thru at Tim Horton's, it's not because I am on a religious rant:
Am I not allowed to do anything nice for a random person? Wow. The number of times I have been asked if it was some random religious holiday from the ladies at the drive thru window. It is because I am performing a random act of kindness. Yes, I am tooting my own horn.


And no, I am not telling you these things to make myself look holier than thou. I was just driving around a little miffled and thought I would share a couple nice things I do. Ok, maybe tooting my horn. But damnit- it is one great big nice horn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment