<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, July 15 

My Stampede 2004 Experience.

On some random ride last night, I said, "I want to be a carnie". I got a smile out of that one.
 
"I want to be a hot carnie that doesn't smell like ass."
 
I went to the Stampede grounds last night for a couple hours. After meeting up with some buddies, then tooling around the grounds in search of something to do, I couldn't help noticing how expensive everything was. Maybe I should start with the parking...
 
- Start by cruising down 17th Avenue to find the parking spot. Find the spot and pull in. Practically get bent upside my car by paying for the spot: $15.
 
- Leave my car but worried stiff the entire night
 
- Hit the road and cross McLeod with a bunch of drunks: wicked great first impression of the night to come.
 
- Grand entrance fee to the Calgary Stampede: $11 of my hard earned money.
 
- Meet up with friends inside Round-Up Centre and oogle at all the random cheap, and random expensive knick-knacks: luckily no money spent, no- not even on a cowboy hat. (Sorry James)
 
- Venture out to the food building and become overwhelmed with the over-priced dishes: Find Opa Souvlaki and figure that is the best bet, spend $9.75 on chicken souvlaki and a bottle of water.
 
- Eat food and end up sick: spend good night of the evening standing in line at the ladies washroom.
 
- Venture to the excitement. Find games, rides, and watch people: rides cheap for me- didn't pay for the pass.
 
- Games cheaper for me: didn't play any.
 
- People watching: could have been costly- could have ended in a trip to the hospital with a broken something after accidentally zoning off into space but staring at t large "African-Canadian" girl with a huge booty. (Plus side- she mumbled under her breath about me having a "flat ass", at least it was better than having a ghetto booty like her...)
 
- After walking around in the blistering, sweltering heat of Calgary (yes my American friends- it does get warm here), I need a beverage: $2.75 for a 591 mL bottle of water. Ouch.
 
- Cowboys galore. Cowgirls too. Cost of checking out cowboy with cowgirl girlfriend: evil bitchy glares. Priceless though.
 
- Endure hour long waits to get on the Mansion of Horror or the Haunted Mansion ride: sore feet, burned shoulders, and standing with whiney, complainy, 13-year old girls.
 
- Eat mini-donuts and go on the 'Zipper" ride about 1/2 hour after: end up with gross barfy feeling in stomach after flipping upside down numerous times. Thank God I didn't barf... was wearing new white shoes...
 
- Feeling thirsty, explored different drink choices. End up with an "Orbit" drink which is supposedly comparable to Bubble Tea (whatever that is): $3.75 plus the gross taste left over from sucking  (later chewing) pieces of caramelized tapioca through a straw.
 
- Watch the fireworks: Only lasted 7 minutes but they were free so can't complain.
 
- Get stopped by "deaf man looking for donations to feed his family with": purchased Canada maple leaf to "help" his cause- donated $3.
 
- Endured long lineups attempting to leave park to go back to car: cost of seeing my car in one piece, scratch free, in the same place: worth a million bucks.
 
- All in all, eventful evening. Great company, interesting smelling food, endless people watching (gotta love the ladies in stilettos walking around the grounds), and all the cowboys you could handle.
 
- Arrive home in one piece. And I didn't even smell like horse poop. Yahoo! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment