<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, July 19 

No means no, unless it really means no.

No
1. Used to express refusal, denial, disbelief, emphasis, or disagreement: No, I'm not going. No, you're wrong. Not at all; not by any degree.
2. Often used with the comparative: no better; no more.
Not: whether or no.

 
When someone says no, they usually say it for a reason. Whether it be, "No don't touch me there", "No, don't sing because really, unfortunately, you can't", or "No- I just don't want to." There are a whole swag of reasons for saying no, but does anyone ever really listen?
 
Unfortunately not. There is nothing worse than being in a situation where you have to cut someone down, either politely or not politely, by saying this simple two letter word. I have said no many many  many times. Probably more than I should, (therefore either making me out to be some sort of Ice Princess, or bitch).
 
When I say yes, I usually get taken advantage of. Sort of like, "Yes, I will drive you somewhere even though it is so totally out of my way", or "Yes, of course you look good in that colour. No, it doesn't look like puke green- that colour is in!", or "Yes, of course I'll pick up the tab. Isn't that what I'm here for?"
 
Somewhere I have to make a serious boundry because I am feeling myself being taken advantage of. Quite frankly- I'm tired of it. So from here on out, no more taking advantage of Megan. God damnit- I will take advantage of you and see how you like that. I will hit you up for cash, I will hit you up for rides everywhere, (actually I probably won't; I don't like anyone else's driving...), and I will tell you if something you're wearing makes you look fat.
 
No more nice Megan. Well, for about an hour. Then of course I'll drive you to get your car from downtown...
 
(two people will understand that)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment