<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, July 14 

Taking that sabbatical.

In only a couple weeks, I am heading out to Revelstoke for a little R&R. And might I add, some well deserved R&R.

When I was younger, before our family went to Revelstoke, I couldn't sleep. I could never sleep. It was exciting. We would take off for the weekend or for weeks. It was great. We got to play the train game. Mom and dad would bring little random McDonalds kids toys for us to keep entertained, and we would listen to bad music in the car. However, it didn't matter, we were going to Revelstoke.

If we were lucky it would be stupid hot during the day and end with a kick-ass thunderstorm that would literally shake us out of bed. We would spend days at Williams Lake doing nothing but swimming (and me, flirting with the guys). We would go to Grizzly Plaza at night to see the live bands and other random entertainment while eating an ice cream cone. And we would probably have at least one meal at our house where Mary (she lived across the alley from our house) and Edie (this crazy 97 year old lady who has more energy than me) would come and be entertained by my family. Oh the good times in Revelstoke.

Anyways, I am going to spend 5 days and do nothing. Maybe hike Mt. Revelstoke, sleep in til noon, trek around the Enchanted Forest, and check out the bands at Grizzly Plaza. And the best part, no parents. Sure we had fun when we were younger and all together- but this time, this is my little solo holiday.

I'll send ya'll postcards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment