<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 11 

The Fernie, Whistler, Lake Louise, and Panorama ski teams can kiss my white ass. Want me to bend over?

While living in Kimberley, I ended up being on EI for about 2 months in a job transition. I couldn't find work in Kimberley after exhausting every possibility, and then came back to Calgary and even had a hard time finding something which would cover my bills. I eventually recieved an EI cheque, but by that point I had a job and was sick of the runaround with the government.

Reading the paper this morning, an article was reporting how some Sudanese people who live in Brooks are having a hard time being ok'd for EI. Now, they are comcerned they may have to go back to their homeland after spending all their savings trying to make ends meet.

While I feel bad for them, I am also a little appauled at how they are acting. They come to Canada expecting freedom and a new life which is fine- Canada is a nice place to come to. But- maybe I am being a little selfish here saying that while I have been a Canadian my whole 22 years of existance, it took me almost 4 months to actually recieve an EI cheque. I am a hardworking Canadian and was sickened at how hard it was for me to get some of my employment insurance money back. For people who haven't been citizens of Canada all that long and who have actually been working "under the table", they shouldn't be complaining about how bad they think they have it. The government doesn't even pay attention to their other issues in Canada regarding their homeless, unemployed, and socially abused citizens. Why should they start with something else first?

People who abuse the system, (ex. The "Fernie Ski Team", "Whistler Ski Team", etc.) manage to do so and never get caught. I on the otherhand work my ass off at a job I have problems getting up for some days and have the hardest time trying to get EI.

Something is seriously messed with our system. A system that allows foreigners to hang out in Canada living off the money I go to work and try and make for myself. Of a cheque that I recieve twice a month from my employer- I can guarantee almost $600-$700 taken off each cheque in taxes given to the government so they can do whatever they goddamn please.

I would rather support the gun registry than some lazy ass immigrants or people who just want to ski for the winter and not have to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment