<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, August 31 

Today I found the goodnes I have been waiting for.

I told a friend the other day while shopping in Safeway that if the company who produces these little Peak Freaks assortment boxes would just sell the chocolate ones by themselves, I would be eternally happy. Guess what I found today at a random northeast Calgary grocery store? Yah that's right. I bought two boxes. And what handy time too...

I met with a fitness trainer yesterday at the local YMCA. Poor girl doesn't know what she got herself into when she offered to help me and put me back on the right track. We talked for about an hour about my fitness, (and definite lack there of), nutrition (and even more lack of), and how I am going to be fit enough to take the PARE test by December. Hahaha. Right.

I honestly haven't exercised in months, and even years. Like actually physically got up off my fat ass and go to the gym to work out til I sweat and get stinky (oooh... that was hot). Until yesterday, I thought I had all the motivation in the world only to realize I actually have to work at this. I thought drinking my 8 glasses of water a day, and eating the occasional fruit would be ample. Um nope.

After the little chit chat with Lisa yesterday, she invited me to stay for her spin class. Um- have you ever done a spin class? Yah- um it's kinda hard. My mom, god bless her, had a lung removed back a couple years ago with her third or fourth (I'm losing count it's been so often) bout of cancer. Anyways- she had it removed and has since then been exercising numerous times a week. I don't know where she gets the strength from. She was in this spin class yesterday too and holy cow my mom can move. She was sweatin' up a storm but she was rockin' out way better than I could. I was at 15% resistance thinking I was the bomb- she was up at 65% totally beating me. No contest.

I have this goal. It's a personal goal but I do believe since I have spoken about this fitness goal, another friend has jumped on the bandwagon. By December- I will be fit. I will be able to go for a run without feeling like I am about to die. I will be able to eat a vegetable (bluch) and know that I am eating it for a reason. I will be able to go back to a spin class and outdo the trainer. I will be able to fit back into the clothes my mom has shrunk *accidently* in the dryer. This is my goal.

Watch me do it. Just keep the Peak Freans away from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment