<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, August 15 

Vacation destination or Bust: Bust should have been the correct answer in this case.

My long anticipated weekend came and went. I left on Thursday around noonish and landed in Revelstoke about 3ish. No, I was not speeding contrary to popular belief. (Note: Speeding is only considered speeding on the highway if I am above 130km/hr)

Let's break it down...

Alistair needed gas on the way out of town. Stopped at the Shell station on the Trans Canada on the way out of town and paid something retarded like 78.9 per litre: I didn't pay for gas or the bottle of water- my copilot did.

Drove for a couple hours (without a pee-break I might add which to some of you, might surprise you) then stopped in Golden... for a pee-break and something to quench our thirst with: spent something retarded like $11 on snacks and drinks. Gas was 93.9 per litre. (Mental note at that time: damn gas is expensive here- don't buy any until back in Alberta)

Ended up in Revelstoke and got to my great grandparents house. Opened up the doors and windows as the house was a literal oven: house was free to use. Just had to worry about cleaning it and respecting the fact the house is 100 years old. No problem... for me.

Needed to buy groceries for the house. The usual milk, ice cream, and random snacks: spent $14.00 for a few token items. Remembered that we were in BC and they bend you over the counter in taxes: made another mental note to bring my own cow to milk and not to buy a bucket of ice cream.

Drove around Revelstoke showing the sights. Drove to Williamsons' Lake which was later mocked by my copilot by calling it a "pond". (Editors note: the lake is not a pond. It is a small lake- just not a pond.) Drove past the park, the high school, Court House, Church, and then over the one lane bridge to the Big Eddy. Then back into town to the Revelstoke Hydroelectric Dam and then back down to the cemetery to visit some deceased relatives. Ended up rather thirsty and ended up going for dinner to the Ol' Frontier: I didn't pay for my order of The Dude (consisting of 5 chicken fingers, applesauce as dipping sauce, fries and gravy) and my half lemonade, half Pepsi to drink. (Thanks James)

Drove to the video store to get something to watch: ended up renting The Prince and Me (and for those of you who know me- the title of that movie just killed me), and Eurotrip. Sure they were chick-flickish and girly- but hey, why not? Cost of two movies was $9.50.

Later walked downtown to check out the free entertainment in Grizzly Plaza and watched the trains go by. Felt thirsty, again: I was bought a strawberry/banana fruit smoothie which was oh so good. Walked home after and watched the movies. First guest arrives. Let the games begin. Guest one arrives around 11, then the next guests arrive around 1 a.m. I am freakin tired but they want to stay up and drink. Um right. Go ahead- but not with me. I hit the sack.

Was woken up at 8 by some guests who wanted to golf. I was super happy to wake up at 8 on my vacation. Um no: ended up in setting the day to a certain tone. Crap. Waited around the house for the guests to come back so we could go to the Enchanted Forest. Waited. Waited. Then they came back: 5 of us piled into Alistair (which, I will gloat about here for a second- drove almost 700km and still had a quarter tank left in him- yay Al!) and made our 35km trek to the Enchanted Forest. Spent almost 2 hours wandering through it checking out the sites. Only $6.50 per person.

Drove back to Revelstoke and decided to get some lunch supplies to take to the lake for an afternoon of calm and relaxing swimming and tanning: I bought lunch supplies which set me back $24 and change. Drove to the liquor store and the guests bought beer. Wee....

Got to the lake and I set out my towel and called it a day: laid on the beach for 3 hours and only managed to get a tiny tan. Right. Like anyone will actually believe it was sunny. Left after 3 hours- tension begins amongst guests.

Got home. Guests part ways and do their own thing. Some mad at each other, others who knows: I sat on the deck and read Cosmo (my monthly smut) and then had a nap. Later woken up by being asked if I was awake. Dinner plans start by deciding we are eating in and one of the guests is making it. All sit on the front lawn in the shade eating a fantastic dinner.

Later walk downtown to check out the free entertainment in the plaza (it definitely was free for a reason- the plaza coordinators were deaf apparently): come home and more tension builds. we all play cards which end up being a drinking game which not everyone wants to join in and that set off moods. Then, golf clubs were cleaned in the kitchen- um, no.

Big fight amongst guests: 3 guests threaten to drive back to Calgary, drunk. I threaten to call the cops. Guests stayed. Tensions were cooled when everyone went to their rooms. (Mental note at that time: Oh my God. There goes the weekend. How far will my Airmiles take me?)

Woke up around 11 am and guest one decides to bust out of the house. Ok. I bust out and drive for 45 minutes to Sicamous to the beach. If anyone has never been there- go. Super calming, super relaxing, and the sound of children is music to ones ears even if they hate it usually. Anything is better than bickering adults: notice the time and have to drive back to let guests back into the house. Stopped at Dutchmans Dairy for a milkshake and a bottle of Three Valley Gap water. Mmmm...

Go back to the house only to find no one there. When they arrive, tensions fly, again. I ask everyone to leave: they leave, I cry, then clean the house. My parents later arrive on their way back from their big vacation on the Coast and they help me pack my car and clean. I end up leaving my vacation destination a day early. I drive back to Calgary but stop in Field BC at the Truffle Pig Bistro (um, AMAZING) and have dinner with parents; my treat.

Get home at 12.30. Sad, disappointed, and angry I am there. Fall asleep in puddle of black mascara: have to make sure next time my mascara is waterproof.

Next trip: Alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment