<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, September 3 

BSE, Urban Pizza Company, and the BC Lions.

Calgary is one of those places where you could drive in for hours, always see different sights and never get lost. I for one have never been lost in our city. Maybe confusingly misplaced- but not lost.

I live in the SE in a humble community which I like to refer to as Willow Park, although, it isn't Willow Park. I live in Acadia. It is across the street from the uppity snobby people. Willow Park just sounds better than Acadia. My house is great- a bungalow on a corner lot. My neighbors are quiet, usually. The neighborhood dogs are quiet- it's just my dog that barks as if it's her last chance to bark for the rest of her life. Other than that, I love where I live. Close to all the important amenities: Tim Hortons, Southcentre Mall, Shell Gas Station, Chinook Centre, Joeys, and Urban Pizza. Mmm pizza.

When I venture from my community, I tend to lock my doors. My passengers think that is just a ploy to keep them from jumping out. Actually, it is due to driving to unfamiliar places such as the NE. NW as well. I am usually pretty confident while driving around in the SW that I am not going to get mugged. Now, don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with these communities I lock my doors in; it is just that I feel more comfortable in my district 6.

I have lived in mind-numbing hell holes such as Kimberley, BC. This place isn't that bad if you enjoy Bavarian music, Apple Strudel, yodeling, and a lack of work. Besides that- the place is wonderful. Richmond, BC was a great spot as well. I lived there until about 15 years ago only to move here. I would confidently tell you I would never move back there, or to neighboring Vancouver. Something about the horrible traffic, beyond insane urban sprawl, the ridiculous price of living, and the intense cultural diversity that makes you feel like a minority. On the plus side, they have the ocean, lots of Chinese food restaurants, cultural diversity, the BC Lions, the Vancouver Canucks, and BC fruit.

I am a happy resident of Calgary. I can afford to live here, (of course with the help of mom and dad and allowing me to pay cheap rent), I can see the mountains from my backyard, I can afford gas prices, I can eat all the Alberta Beef I can handle and not get sick, and the wonderful polite drivers (Ha Ha. Not.).

Now what I don't like are the rowdy inconsiderate impatient drivers, the silly teacher union who wants too much, the lack of fresh BC fruit, Deerfoot Trail at 5 p.m. on weekdays, and the constant change of weather. The weirdo governing our province, ridiculously long hospital waits, and the Calgary Stampeders.

Other than that, this is heaven on earth.

(How can you tell I am lacking ideas to write about??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment