<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, September 17 

I never thought of a ballet as sexy and provocative until now.

Friday night I busted out to the Banff Centre with my good friend CJ. Now usually when you go out to Banff, you go to the overpriced candy store, the Christmas store which is open 365 days of the year and of course, the scenery. This time, I went to see a ballet.

When I was younger, I was a ballet dancer. I am sure that I uttered the words, "I want to be a ballerina when I grow up." Since then, I haven't seen a dance recital. I haven't actually thought much about it.

Friday night, I saw a ballet for the first time, ever. Sure I have seen some 7 year old girls dance around in tu-tu's, but nothing to this professional degree. My jaw was lying somewhere around my lap for a good portion of the show. The way these ladies and gentlemen moved, the sheer talent and obvious love for what they were doing was astounding.

The story itself was a little different though. When I think of a ballet, I think of ladies in tu-tu's and tight body suits, dancing perfectly on their tip-toes to some sort of flowery swan music. I don't think I have ever seen a man and a woman come together in so many different ways, without actually having sex, before. It was so graceful and radiant and stunningly perfect.

And all along, I thought these dancers did performed voluntarily. Who knew (except everyone but me...) that these dancers get paid for what they love to do? That was obviously my fake-blonde moment.

The more I thought about the show over the weekend, the more I am considering going and seeing it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment