<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, September 23 

I went out to a pub... On a work night. God am I ever crawling out of my shell, eh?

Last night I ventured to a place I didn't think I would ever go to. Not because I was too good to go to this place, (obviously), but because I am not a University student and I simply didn't think I would have fun going.

I thought of it as a student hang-out; which it is. I guess when one has preconceived notions of what a place might be like without actually venturing out actually being at that place before- those things happen. Meh. I was thoroughly surprised though.

So I get the invite from Aaron. He says to me, "Ah well I'm meeting some people at the Den tonight for wings and such around 7 or 8 if you'd like to join". Me? Join? Sure. Although hesitant because I will be in a pub with rowdy university students- I was amazed at how much fun I actually did have.

After finally finding it, (thanks for the fantastic directions- couldn't have found then without you...), I was warmly invited to the table and into the conversation. Who would have thunk I would have known so many people at the famous University Den? It was like a blast from the past I tell yah. Met a guy who lived mere blocks from my house in Richmond who actually went to the same elementary school I did. Saw people I worked with on the Beacon Newspaper at Beaverbrook, realized some ex-best-friends- friends were there which made for an interesting laugh, and other people who I just knew one way or the other.

It actually wasn't the drunken haven I pictured it to be. The place was fun, hip, lots of random outfits (which were blamed on birthday parties of underage drinkers), and of course, the catty chicks. Love them.

Readers Digest Version: Had fun. Will go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment