<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, September 10 

My steps to becoming something more.

I recently applied to be a volunteer with the Calgary Police Service and well guess what? They didn't find anything saying I have a criminal record, and heck- I even passed the interview. The three ladies who did interview me told me I was a very strong woman and they want me on their team. Well. Let's see just how strong I really am.

This volunteer position I have taken is one of a rather interesting case. I have been placed into the Victim Assistance Unit's Court Support Program. Basically, I am there in court with victims to make sure they have support, aren't scared by the questions asked, have someone to go to during the sessions, and just basically to be a familiar face in the crowd.

This position is going to test my patience, my own emotional issues, and myself as a real human being. I have to show compassion, understanding, and a whole lot of support. This may just be the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

On the bright side of it, having this experience looks wicked when I go to hand in my application and resume to the city police.

May the force be with me. Lord knows I will need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment