<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, September 17 

The Official Wimbledon Movie Review by Megan E. Pratt

This was published this morning on the front page Entertainment section of the Calgary Herald. Yes, thank you. I can sign all your copies later.

Name: Megan E. Pratt
Occupation: Communications for the Calgary Real Estate Board
Age: 21 (going on 28)
Favorite movie snack: Extra buttery popcorn and a green flavor Kool-Aid.
Favorite movie: Hands down- Love Actually.

Favorite Scene: The look on the player who lost to Bettany in the last scene. The dejection on his face was priceless after the snide comments and gestures he made throughout the movie to Peter Colt (Paul Bettany).

I laughed hardest when: Peter Colt (Paul Bettany) threatened the dog who was barking at him from below that he was going to jump off the balcony where he climbed up to - and that the dog really didn't need that on its conscious.

I almost fell of my chair with anticipation when: The last tournament scene comes up. The scene was a good 15 minutes of nail biting, edge of your seat, back and fourth tennis playing. The sad thing was that I knew who was going to win- I was just waiting with baited breath to make sure it did happen. I knew the outcome walking into the movie, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy as he lost points played the victim to the better players.

Most memorable line: "Love is nothing". Got me thinking for sure. And then my movie accompaniment had an "aha" moment saying, "that is true..."

I couldn't believe: How many make out scenes and sex scenes there were. Was I coming to see a love story, which had a little tennis in it, or a tennis flick with a whole lot of love story to it' Great date movie though.

I thought about heading for the exit when: I figured out my popcorn didn't have enough butter on it.

The real star of this show is: Paul Bettany. Classic British actor with the sick British humor and entertaining expressions. He had some very funny random thoughts which were played out loud that kept me snickering throughout the show.

Best action: It was obvious these two actors are not real tennis players, but, they certainly played the roles well. Their almost flawless game scenes made you second guess for a second though.

This movie took off when: The credits at the beginning of the movie started. The way the director filmed it, and the music he chose got my attention. Also, when Bettany went from zero (120th place) to hero (Wimbledon winner) in the tennis world. It was a feel good part.

This movie needed less: Kirsten Dunst. The relationship between these two characters (Dunst and Bettany) was perfect- if they were brother and sister. The chemistry didn't seem to work. The love scenes made me want to close my eyes and think I was in another movie.

Summary: Recommend to friends? Warn them to stay away? Worth the money? I would say to my friends that if you want to see a movie where you know the ending, fill yer' boots! I personally wouldn't spend money to see this movie. This flick was highly predictable in most scenes which took away from it. It had some good lines from some interesting actors, an almost feel good mentality to it at some parts. But then again, what was I expecting?

Popcorn rating: I am a sucker for any British film. This movie gets 3.5 bags out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment