<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, September 3 

Welcome to the wonderful fun filled drugged up life of Megan. Any takers?

Over the past 3 years, I have had this pleasant chronic migraine thing going on. I have a headache a day, on various drugs to try to get rid of the pain and numerous doctors? visits. Yesterday took the cake.

I visited my friendly doctor and after telling him that the medication I was on has caused me to gain 15lbs, and does not help my situation in terms of headaches at all, I was put on to two new drugs. Not one, but two. Ok. Now, I don't have benefits at work so I am a bit hesitant when I get new prescriptions. I can't afford all the fun drugs.

After having both prescriptions filled and given instructions on how and when to take them, I ventured home to make dinner for the family, fully expecting to watch CSI and Canadian Idol. Little did I know that after taking my drugs, as ordered, I would go into some random reaction which made me feel as if I had overdosed on morphine.

Super super tired suddenly, no energy, couldn't stand up without help, felt sick to my stomach, had cold shivers, really bad headache, dizzy, and I honestly thought I was about to die. I was taken to the hospital by my concerned dad and brother where I sat for over an hour in the waiting room and then admitted to an emergency bed only to wait for 2 hours. By the time the doctor had come in, I had only been graced with about 5 minutes of his precious time before I was sent on my way being told those are the normal reactions.

3 hours in the hospital to be told that is what would happen? Neither my doctor nor pharmacist told me that would be the reaction to taking these things. Needless to say, I am not too impressed with the health care system out province has. That and the fact my dad practically had to pawn his watch to pay for parking.

Damn hospitals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment