<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, October 3 

I am beautiful.

According to a recent study, only one percent of Canadian women think they're beautiful. Tell me about it. I was in the 99% of those women until recently.

I have actually stopped reading magazines like Cosmopolitan simply because they use models who are all size 3, and who have flawless skin, top of the line clothes on and who don't actually look happy. What right does Cosmopolitan have in telling me what is beautiful and what is not? Unfortunately I think ladies have allowed the fashion and entertainment industry tell us what the perfect lady is, and how to achieve it.

If I walk around thinking I am not beautiful, then what sort of image am I displaying? Would I be hunched over, with over sized ugly clothes, and without a care in the world what my hair looks like? Um no. Being beautiful to me is not a size 4. It is not a make-up caked mask a girl is wearing, and it is not super tight clothing which doesn't flatter a body. It's the glow the girl radiates. And it's as simple as that.

I am an overly excited size 10 with hips. I have big lips, which I have grown into since my awkward days of junior high school. And I like to pride myself with nice clothes because they make me feel good.

I think if more women were to listen to what guys said about them, we would all be better off. I know so many men who are so complimentary of women with their looks, their personality and just the way they present themselves. I know a lot of men who already consider their girlfriends and wives, and even just friends, more beautiful than the supermodel on the front of any magazine cover.

Jeez- why wouldn't women think they're beautiful? I check out other girls all the time simply because so many of them are so good-looking. I hope more women start realizing their beauty.

It has a fun ring to it actually... "I am beautiful".

1 Comments:

Yes, yes you are.

Post a Comment