<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, October 3 

Oh Big Rock.

Saturday morning, I was up and out of the house by 11.30 a.m. en route to the University of Calgary along with Aaron and his friend. Aaron had won 4 tickets to the football game up in Edmonton from the University. I had been prewarned that this day might get rowdy and that there would be a lot of drunkeness. I had no idea just how right he was about to be.

About 25 university students piled on to a bus at the U of C where we were whisked away to Big Rock Brewery for beer, food, and a tour of the brewery. Now, this day was compliments of Big Rock Brewery. That was the first thing not many people could get their heads around. After only being in the presence of beer for about 15 minutes- you could already see the effect it was taking on people.

After the tour of the plant, we were brought back for more food, and more beer. By this point, one petite girl had already just about passed out. We were put back on the bus where 19 flats of cold beer awaited us. Holy bajesus I had never seen so much beer for so few people. We then drove to Edmonton.

These people were soooooo funny. Before, I have had a rather bias towards drunk kids. I had just never really enjoyed being in their presence. But Saturday- was one day I will never forget. The improv on the bus with one token dude, rocking out to am radio, asking for beer- myself- to put into a backpack for later consumption, and the numerous times the fact was brought up that Big Rock was supplying us with what seemed to be an endless supply of beer. This was a thought no one, not even I, could fathom.

The football game was cold, but Calgary won which made the trip just that much better. The drive home in the bus was full of tired intoxicated students. What I couldn't believe though was how much beer was still being consumed.

Thanks again Aaron for inviting me. Although I only had about 2 sips of beer at the brewery, the free water was awsome. I most enjoyed the fact I didn't spend a dollar the entire day.

1 Comments:

You'll have to come check out the Granville Island Brewery now too.

Post a Comment