<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, October 22 

Remember that 1984 song by Band Aid?

For those of you who remember the voices of Bono, George Michael, Paul McCartney, and David Bowie all singing from the same song-sheet back in 1984, we are going to get another modern day dose of that. Now, you may know by now how much of an uber dork I am- and yes, I will prove it again.

This song, "Do They Know it's Christmas?" is played at my house, in my car cd player, and on Winamp on my laptop every Christmas. I love this song. Love it. I am completely overjoyed that new acts have joined board and have decided to redo this song. From the likes of Coldplay, The Darkness, Noel Gallagher, Dido, Robbie Williams, and others- this Christmas we are getting another dose.

This band, Band Aid, was a supergroup of over 40 artists and in 1984 they raised over $18.25 million for charities. And for those who loved the sound of the song the first time round, some of the original acts will be predications on this album as well.

Mind you, nothing can replace the sounds and voices of the original- this third go about it is going to be fantastic. Can't wait. CAN'T WAIT!

1 Comments:

So I just solved your christimas shopping problems. Buy everyone on your list a copy of the new release. Everyone makes a vicarious donation to the fund, and you give a gift that means something in the grand scheme.

Post a Comment