<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 13 

Sports strip away personality, letting the white bone of character shine through.

It is Day 28 today of the NHL lockout. Today would have been the 88th NHL season opening night. Oh and how I wish it was. Calgary would have played Anaheim. Vancouver would have played San Jose.

I wish I was gearing up to go to some sports bar or to some pub to watch the game tonite (preferably between the Flames and the Canucks). I wish I was waving my car flag out the window (the Canucks one of course). And I wish I could look forward to seeing good ol' Kelly Hrudey on tv doing the between period show. Oh- and I guess of course Ron McLean and Don Cherry too...

All I have to say is how dumb this still is. From what I have read, the players, the owners and the managers are still not talking. Um... could this get much more childish? After a while we are going to get use to there not being hockey and turn to baseball (heaven forbid) or NFL football since the CFL sucks so much ass.

When will enough be enough? The staff from these greedy teams are left with a 40% pay cut and most only work about 3 days a week now. The concession workers at these venues are without jobs. But these players who want more, are living bittersweetly on their mounds of cash (ex. ex-Flame Mike Vernon who is building a 8000 sq ft house in Elbow Park).

With any luck, the underdog players such as the Calgary Hitmen will become the superstars of the game. Kids will trade their playing cards and wear their jerseys. With games being played at the price of between $8.50 and $10, why would anyone not go cheer these guys on?

Their heads aren't big enough to charge more. Or maybe it's because they actually enjoy playing for the love of the game.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment