<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, October 12 

Useless Calgary Civic Election.

I am over 18 years of age.

I am also a Canadian citizen for the past 22 years and have lived in Calgary for about 15 years.

On Monday October 18, I have from between 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. to mark two "x's" on a ballot. One x of which will have no real affect on me as it has to do with a public school trustee. And come to think about it, the mayor vote probably won't affect me either.

For the past couple years that Mayor Dave Bronconnier has been in office, I can't actually think of one thing that he did which made me proud he was mayor. That probably isn't a very good thing. I am sure he has built a couple roads, opened a few offices by cutting a ribbon, and honoured some people with the big white cowboy hats. And yes, I do realize the mayor is not out to make just me happy.

My mom has decided to exercise her right not to vote. I might do the same. No one really, I feel needs to have my "x". We all know who is going to be mayor.

And go ahead Aaron, give me your devils advocate speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment