<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, November 6 

312,700 sq ft of Ikea quality.

Good God I entered the hostile civilization known as Yuppieville.

I received two passes to the new Ikea screening here in SE Calgary (which, I might add, is only a pebbles throw away from my front door), so mom and I ventured over there early this morning. Ok, so it was 11 a.m. Still early.

Just so you have an idea of the goliath store:
- Largest free standing building in Alberta
- Two levels of Ikea furniture and nick-nacky things
- 11,000 furniture articles (over double what was at the old Ikea store in the north)

The hoitey toitey people were astounding. Who shops Ikea with their Prada shoes and Louis Vutton bags? Jeez, I was wearing a baseball cap, sans makeup, runners and carried my wallet in my Gap purse. I thought Ikea was about inexpensiveness and simplicity. Meh- what did I know?

Mom and I walked for two hours almost aimlessly and of course, in awe of how much there was. It was sensory overload for sure. The one thing though that made me appreciate the experience was the music. It always helps when there isn't gack music- but this was 80's gold. This was great.

I don't really know what to say besides: when you go, make sure you pee first, wear comfy shoes, take a cart, and remember where you park - it's a goliath parking lot to go along with the goliath store.

1 Comments:

My home is 96% Ikea, from the bed linens to the knife block to the towels. The only non-Ikea furniture/housewares in the whole place is the Sony TV.

Yuppies built this country! Well, they took it home and assembled it at least.

Post a Comment