<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, November 17 

"For Megan - All the very best!! - Peter C. Newman"

My list of intriguing people whom I have met is getting a little longer.

Tonite I met Mr. Peter C. Newman, legendary author and best seller, former editor of various newspapers, and former Editor in Chief of one of Canada's most influential magazines, Macleans.

What I found most fascinating and brilliant about this man was that he knows so many people and can answer your question about anything Canadian. Over his five decades of journalism, he has met and interviewed so many influential people- it was almost exhausting hearing him list off the names. From the likes of Pierre Trudeau, the infamous Conrad Black and Brian Mulroney, this man has more stories than he has time to write them on paper.

Listening to him speak was almost enlightening. It's not often you get to hear a journalist talk so candidly about their life and who and what has come in and out of it.

At the end of his hour discussion, he offered his pen to the front page of the books which we were teased about to buy from. I purchased it and and met him. After I offered my hand for him to shake, he looked almost stunned that a 22 year old would be there, buying his book, asking for his signature. Little does he know that I was incredibly stunned myself that I was meeting him and hearing his stories after reading his articles only months before in Macleans magazine not even imagining of meeting him.

This man was for sure an inspiration, just as Catherine Ford is. I wonder if they know each other...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment