<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, November 16 

A night of reflection: What the hell am I doing here?

I had some fantastic advice from a mentor last week. "The world needs more writers like you. Why don't you just do it?"

I can't even begin to tell you how much those words meant to me- but I still can't get into it. For so many years I have wanted to be this huge writer/editor/anything-to-do-with-the-written-word, but I get so many blocks, that I don't know where to start.

I almost need a little Catherine Ford motivation. When she wrote, it was with such passion and such force and I loved it. Crazy lady went and retired so now I am left fending for myself and in search of another controversial columnist. Catherine come back!

I want to tell you people so many things on this goddamn site, heck- that is what it is there for. I am writing on this thing to entertain and to inspire and to just give you a random something to kill your time with. I want to give you something to comment about.

Maybe I should become a dentist. Lord knows the world needs more of those.

1 Comments:

I don't think its fair to put someone on the spot like that. The biggest problem we have today is that nobody has any vision or goals for their life. I say that if you want to be a writer then pursue it with everything you have got. Never be comfortable, never settle for less, reach for the brass ring, yadda yadda yadda. Only you can pull yourself into the life that you want to belong in, no body is going to hand it to you. Nobody is gonna care about it as much as you do. Get active about your dreams. Don't take no for an answer. Too many "end up" in a job. Not many choose, pursue and achieve the job they want. Do not grow complacent. Do whatever it takes. Stop dreaming about and talking about and take actions to do it. Shut out all the nagators. Get rid of the friends that say you can't. It's all up to you. If you plan on something else as a backup you will never put your full heart into the thing you really want.

Post a Comment