<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, November 25 

One earth just isn't enough for a pig like me apparently.

The Ecological Footprint estimates how much land and water people need to support what they use and absorb what they discard. The Footprint Quiz figures out your footprint, and then lets you compare it to what other people use and to what is available on this planet.

If everyone lived like me, I would need 4 planet earths.

I'm a pig.

3 Comments:

Recycle starving countries.

I feel Fat!
Total foot print = 7.3 global hectares
4.1 planets
I rock!
Or maybe not!

CATEGORY GLOBAL HECTARES
FOOD 3.7
MOBILITY 0.3
SHELTER 8.6
GOODS/SERVICES 6.9
TOTAL FOOTPRINT 19.5

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 8.8 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 1.8 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 10.8 PLANETS.

Egad. I'm a giant Hog Beast.

Post a Comment