<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, November 18 

Seeing how nothing else is working, I thought I would throw my idea into the hat.

There's more than one way to bring peace to the middle east. Mine involves lots and lots and lots of brand new glass.

I have a plan to bring about lasting peace in the middle east and global nuclear disarmament. Two guesses how I'd go about it.

Guess 1: Ask very nicely, and pass more UN resolutions and hold more world peace concerts and meditate and visualize harder. Gather children on a hilltop to sing that 1971 Coke song. Om.

Guess 2: Nuke everything from Morocco to Pakistan, Uzbekistan to Somalia. Everyone with an ICBM or plane-deliverable ordnance pitches in. Yeah Israel would be caught in the middle but there's more Jews in New York than all of the middle east so we'd have plenty spare left over.


P.S. I am so going to get in shit for this.

5 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

This is a delicate matter which requires clear thought, study of the nature of the conflict and the peoples involved. And a risk assessment of all possible outcomes
from each and every scenario. I'd have to guess that you would be the peace at all costs mongering type (by the way, I'd prefer a Pepsi). I am not sure what the right answer is but I do know that you can't make everybody happy, and you will NEVER satisfy everybody to the point that they would even begin to want peace.

Here is one man's EXTREME opinion. http://www.vicmord.com/islamicthreat.htm
Check it out......

$10 says some mouth breather will call this a racist post. So let me offer my 2 bits in here. This isn't racist, it's regionalist. Nuking a region that produces messed up people is different from targeting a race or a religion or a creed. There's plenty of fine muslims and jews and christians and atheists over here who've figured out how not to blow each others busses up.

"They" did the same thing during the American Civil War, marching down south to eraticate a culture (slave-tradin') on top of a racial group (white folks). "We" marched in to Germany and blew away a culture (Naziism) on top of a race (Germans), and in a sloppier way "We" and "They" cold-warred Communism off of the Russians.

Obviously Megan's being a tad sarcastic here. But I think there's a point made. At some point we have to stop compulsively respecting the f--ked up motives of people who would kill over a dusty plot of land. It was the Biblical Solomon who said to cut the disputed baby in two...

Wow, good to see Megan take off the gloves now and again.

One of my favourite movie quotes:

"If somebody asked me, if we should have bombed Japan, a simple yes, by all means, drop that fucker, twice."

I do it for the comments kids.

Post a Comment