<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, November 1 

Some people say everything happens for a reason. I don't know if I believe that. Well, unless it actually happens.

Only a year ago I would honestly spend nights drenching my pillow in black mascara while my mom sat beside me telling me everything would be ok. Did I believe her? Heck no. Good God was she ever right though.

One year ago the person I cared about most at the time, just up and left me to do something he had always wanted to do apparently. I didn't understand this then, and I sometimes still find it hard.

There was this building which went up for sale the day I drove in to work on my starting day here at my current job. A couple of weeks ago, it finally sold, and I was just thinking - a lot that has happened in this past year. In a weird way, it was almost symbolic to see that big fluorescent "Sold" sign stuck overtop the "For Sale" board. Closure. Transition. Catharsis. In big, sticky fluorescent letters.

Since last October I have done more things, and accomplished more than I actually thought I could have. I have a Technical Writing certificate under my belt, soon to be paired with a Project Management certificate (that is, if I ever sit down and actually do the final assessment paper...), I have absolutely spectacular friends, I write on this fantastic website where I actually have people read it (thanks again yo'), and I even write for the Calgary Herald. So really, right now - things are looking up. Way up.

And so, I almost want to thank you for leaving to do that thing you wanted to do. It forced my eyes to open up to what was around me and enabled me to spread my wings a little and see what I could do. Domo arigato.

1 Comments:

Like your mom, as people experience more & more of this world,life becomes easier and easier to handle. I feel some things happen for a reason and others don't. The key is capitalizing on them both. Every one has heard "It's not what happens to you that matters, it's how you deal with it" and "what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger". I dont know if I totaly agree with those quotes but there is something to it. I feel that a large part of it has to do with the quality of the friendships around you. You can make it through anything when you know your not alone. You borrow their strength to discover and or remember your own...

Post a Comment