<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, November 13 

You gave your body to the lonely.

I woke up this morning and still had mascara rubbed under my eyes from the woe-is-me-session the night before. I hate waking up with mascara on my pillow. I was on a mission to make myself feel better today. I wanted to be somewhat successful.

I had this whole day planned out: I would go re-register Alistair and get his 2005 sticker on his license plate, I would get my shampoo bottle refilled, go to Chinook Centre and buy the turtleneck at Banana Republic and then buy the book in Chapters I had been wanting, get a coffee/hot chocolate from Timmys and then drive out to Cochrane, around to Bragg Creek, and then back up through way south Calgary. And then, I would come home and rock out to some random tunes on my stereo and read my book. Which book you ask? No idea.

This is how today actually went: Woke up around 8 a.m. (ugh), ate a little brekky with ma and pa, had a shower, went to AMA to re-register Alistair, refilled my shampoo bottle, went to Chinook Centre and tried on the turtleneck (even bigger ugh), went to Chapters and got shanghaied by 3 hot looking men in tshirts that said, "Kindness Crew", bought 2 books of theirs I didn't anticipate buying (so the other book is still on hold), dropped one of the two personalized books off at Aarons, then came home.

I was all totally stoked to sit down and bust out my text book for class and do my work for school and try to pump out some actual work for... work, and didn't get either one done. Nicely done, (quit shaking your head Aaron- I know I am a failure). So what did I do? I went back to the mall.

This time though, it was a personal mission. A mission to raise my spirits a little. I went to BCBG. (Sidenote: I am on a quest to find the Christmas outfit for the big Christmas party my company has. I spent a good hour and a half trying on clothes until I found the outfit.)

Shopping is like therapy for me. Sounds super silly, but when I go to this store, the ladies know me by first name and they know what size I am and what I like and what might look good on me. These are things that make me feel a little over-the-top special. And that ladies and gentlemen, was one hell of a lot better than working on my assignment due in oh about t minus a month.

Tomorrow; I will be more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment