<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, December 28 

Just a thought...

The past couple days I have been watching the news and reading the paper intrigued with what happened in Asia. No one deserves to have to deal with the devastation of a natural disaster, it has surprised me what I have learned about these countries.

What has boggled my mind the most is that there was no communication to these countries about what was coming to them. No warning system, nothing. Although, what I found most sad is that it takes a disaster like this to have the international community come to the aid of countries that already are in need of aid, regardless of whether or not there is this sudden crisis. The USA pledged an initial $15 million in aid; they had this money sitting in some account, why couldn't they give this sooner? It's the same with Canada and the $4 million they contributed.

If these countries had contributed money earlier, communication systems might have been in place and therefore lives could have been saved.

What I do know is that I am blessed each day for the fact that I live in a city where we can't get tsunami's, earthquakes or hurricanes. Just nipple-stiffening cold weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment