<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, January 21 

Calgary Herald Car Review - Numero Uno

Name: Steve Tsuida
Age: 33
Job: Graphic Designer

What did you drive to work today?
I drove to work in my 97 Pontiac Sunfire coupe. Cheap enough to drive, cheap enough to repair, cheap enough to fuel, but easier to travel and commute in than some of the space capsule tupperwaremobiles I see people strapping themselves into just to look socially conscious.

What was your first car?
My first car was a 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria that sat eight people and could carry two mountain bikes in the trunk. A classic cab/cop car that weighed three million pounds but cost nothing for a younger guy to insure because it was such a dad car. Funny enough we could get ti up to 205 km/h, which is more than I can say for anything else I've driven besides my motorbike.

What was your worst car?
My worst car was this 1980 Subaru hatchback I bought for $1000 and kept for $3000 in repairs and fines. It was water soluble. I got rid of it the same day the jack pushed through the frame while I was trying to change a tire.

What would be your daily driving choice if you were looking at all-around convenience?
No doubt about it, a BMW R1150GS motorcycle with ice-racing tyres and heated handlebars. What traffic jams? What roads? What co-workers who want a lift home? Who's moving? What hitchhikers?

If money were no object . . .
No doubt about it, a BMW R1150GS motorcycle with ice-racing tyres, heated handlebars and a matching jacket. Keep in mind if money were no object I wouldn't live in this windswept, frigid, desolate, arid wasteland; I'd move somewhere where a motorbike was feasible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment