<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, January 26 

I should have taken the hint when my room started being referred to as the "Guest Room".

Also found on the Calgary Herald Q website.

So mom hands me two Condo magazines tonite and points to a new development which is being built in way south Calgary. Um. Was that a hint? Have a finally out stayed my welcome at my parents house?

I've spent the past 23 years living with my parents. Well, that's not counting the seven months off on "my own" in a mountain town where I quickly learned that I needed to move back in with my parents. Long story. I'll tell it sometime.

My friends have all moved out from their parents nests and on to their condos or newly built houses. They rent basement suites, have apartments and even live in a van down by the river. Me, still at home.

My best friend of the past 10 years just received the keys to her brand newly built house in McKenzie Towne. It's all good. I'm not tasting green at all, it's just curious how the people my age are growing up and gaining this crazy responsibility that I don't remember us having 10 years ago.

I finally looked at myself in the mirror differently tonite I guess. God. I'm getting to that point where I need to be a full fledged adult. Things were so much easier when I was a kid.

It's kinda curious to see how fast we grow up. I remember playing in the park with my friends in elementary, the school dances where the guys are on one side of the gym and the girls on the other side. The groundings my parents used to give me which I can't remember the reason for anymore.

I guess the search is on. Time to move out (again) and get my own place. Maybe I'll start looking this weekend. Mom and Dad have been incredibly good to me while I have lived here. They've helped me with bills, advice, made dinner (mainly because I can't cook anything really other than pasta) and been supportive of (mostly) everything I have done.

God willing, Dad will still come and clean my house of spiders whenever I see one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment