<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, February 25 

Oh Brad. Poor poor Brad.

Feedback is fantastic. Heck, I thrive on it. I can handle the not-so-nice feedback. I can also handle the super nice feedback. But this poor excuse for anything pissed me off last night. So Brad, this one is for you:

Hey, I love feedback, why else would I be in the writing business right?

But here's the thing. I like valuable, thought-out feedback, not knee-jerk flame posts full of misquotes, fabrications, and out & out lies. That's why it was very frustrating to see Brad Linn's bizarre 'rebuttal' to my post about my experience with a Catholic Priest. Brad took issue with how I said things that I didn't say, and criticized how I did things that I didn't do. Honestly, I wasn't sure who this doppleganger Megan was that Brad was so angry with or why the Herald chose to run his feedback to her.

I was going to run a point by point response to Brad's complaints, but that would only validate his strange reinterpretation of my story.

This all reminds me of the gay marriage 'war' going on right now. The gays want to reinterpret the traditionalists rhetoric as fierce calls for the ban of gayness and the murder of gay men in the town square. The traditionalists want to reinterpret the gays as calling for the ban of Christianity and the murder of churchmen in the town square. People are picking sexy but non-existent fights while totally failing to address any real issues that might have been there. I'm going to call it Linn's Syndrome from here on. By the way, I did a post on that not long ago. Give it a read.

There's a dumb old Monty Python skit where a man walks into an office and says, "I'd like to buy an argument". No sale Brad. Learn to read, then try again.

1 Comments:

Do I smell barbecue... ?

Post a Comment