<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, March 14 

The overexposesd Gauntlet story.

Also found on the Calgary Herald website.

When I was younger, I was always in trouble. Whether I did it or not, somehow my twin brothers would peg me with the bat that broke the window or the hockey puck that hit the car or the dead bird that ended up dead in our yard. When I actually did these deeds, I would hide. No one would find me. I wouldn't advertise anything just because of how embarrassed I would be. Well. Apparently Honey Houston only pretends she's embarrassed over recent events at the U of C.

What has boggled my mind in the past couple days is the amount of times Ms. Houston's face appears in the Herald. When I saw her picture in the University of Calgary's Gauntlet, I couldn't help but wonder what the fuss was over. I didn't see a face- just some nipples. Who would actually know who this girl was unless they knew exactly what her naked front looked like? I don't understand why she was freaking out.

The other thing that I don't understand is why she would pose for a picture for the Calgary Herald with her face if she was so embarrassed about everyone knowing what she looked like naked. Odd. I guess some people just love the spotlight.

I couldn't help but feel bad for Gauntlet Editor, Ben Li. It is unfortunate that a student society takes such offence to something as trivial as a picture of a naked girl. What's even worse, is the dancer freaking out about being photographed when she must have seen the cameras.

I shake my head at her, the closed minded selected student population and the other people this society who can't handle a bare breast.

Kudos Ben. Sorry this society can't see what the Gauntlet's point was in this whole mess. I would hope that 30 years down, public nakedness won't be so taboo and embarrassing.

4 Comments:

Erm... got any links or something? A little framing/ background would be nice, otherwise it's a very 'inside joke' style blog post...

Maybe you've read the Calgary Herald? Been around U of C campus? Read the Sun? Or living under a rock?

I don't have any links to this. I can offer the Herald site... www.calgaryherald.com/q and click on Ben Li's piece on being the most hated person on campus.

Holy crap - do you actually think for more than a half a second that only Calgarians read your blog?

Does the 'Inter-net' not exist outside of the Calgary city limits? Holy sh*t, what has the rest of the world been doing then?

Oh, right. Living under a rock.

Yiah oops. Sometimes that slips my mind. My bad.

Ok so here is the story: The U of C publication, the Gauntlet, reported the Sexual Awareness week at the Uni and the Students Union had some nude dancers prance around. One of the dancers, Ms. Honey Houston flipped because her picture was in the paper- but you couldn't see her face or know who she was. So now she came out in the Herald with her full picture and now everyone and their dogs knows what she looks like and uh.. yah. So she's pissed, the admin is pissed, Students Union is meh and the Gauntlet is in trouble for doing their job, reporting. Pfeuf.

Sorry bout that one.

Post a Comment