<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, April 21 

Plato: Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Also found on the Calgary Herald website.

It's true; everyone is a critic. Heck, I am my own worst critic. Everyone also believes they have a valid point to every argument. Again, that's me.

When something happens in the news - it's not long until someone has a comment about it. Whether it be a bike rider who is injured with a head injury while riding to work (my comment: well maybe they should have worn a helmet), or, the new Pope being elected into power (my comment: obviously they don't want a long term Pope kicking around so maybe they are grooming a new one in the backlight while this guy hangs around for a couple years til he kicks the bucket). Or how about the adscam going on during the Liberal watch (my comment: God I feel bad for Martin - he just looks like a lost puppy in this whole thing. Maybe the Conservatives planned this to get the Liberals out of power...). Everyone has to throw their two cents in.

It bothers me though when people are critical of Blogs. Are they enough to make online and newspaper journalists freak out over losing their jobs to us? Hardly. Currently, I don't believe Blogs have reached the point where the information in them are as authentic as what printed newspapers (most of them minus smut like the National Enquirer, Daily Star, etc.) print. Blogs still have a long way to go. Right now, anyone can be a Blogger. Heck, look at me.

When it comes to being a critic of blogs though, who the heck is to judge? I like to think that those who post anonymous comments on my website are maybe too chicken to post their name beside their usual catty remarks. Are people who are credited writers just afraid that blogs have become as popular as they are or that everyone and their dogs can consider themselves a writer after having a little Blogspot of their own?

I find that blogs are a safehaven for those of us who enjoy posting our own comments on any sort of worldly issue without really having to be too reliable in our sources. Sure, depending on the topic it is helpful to have some sort of back up but really, I don't know of many blogs I would actually take reliable information out of.

When I write my blogs, my readers are usually pretty trained to know that they are not to take my work and comment on it in their Thesis as their main source. Some of what I write is just based on hearsay or on something I randomly read and had a little thought on.

When I sit back and scan through some of the blogs that are out there in the world, it really comes down to people with too much time on their hands, writing about whatever they want to write about. My website is a mosaic of random information: some take with a grain of salt and consider the source. I am not schooled in most (if any) of the topics, they are just things I find interesting or bothersome at times. Again, I just have an opinion on everything going on. The funny part is that I don't make people read my Blog. They do so on their own. I don't really see it fair to critique something that you are not being forced to read everyday.

Anyone can be a Blogger. But not everyone can be considered a reliable source. But then I guess if you consider the National Enquirer your daily source for all things true, then Joe's Blogspot is also your safest bet for where to get your news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment