<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, May 17 

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. - John Stuart Mill

Also found on the Calgary Herald Q.

Oh Mike. How am I, as a citizen with a vote, expected to trust the Harper Herd when his own people are running out on him? Sure it's only one right now - but maybe there will be others in the days to come. How long will Peter McKay sleep with the enemy? (no pun intended)

Harper blames Ms. Stronach's "ambition". Maybe she was tired of being in a party where the leader was only out for himself and not actually looking for what is best for Canada.

Harpers obvious lust for power is putting a sour taste into some people's mouths. Now, doesn't that say something about this guy? His desire for power is frightening, not only to Canada but to his party members. Who is next to jump to "another sinking ship" as Mike Pal so aptly put it.

When I bring up the topic of the Liberal government, my dad stands a little straighter; he usually crosses his arms, and then pushes his glasses a little higher on his face. He puts his fighting words into place in his head and at that point - I know he is ready to rumble.

There is no secret in our household that we are split when it comes to political views. When election time comes around, I will have a Liberal sign on the front lawn where dad will put a Conservative sign - just in spite of me.

Come to think of it, most of the people I know look at me with a raised eyebrow when we talk politics. Sure, I understand I am a dying breed here in Western Canada. I am ok living with that.

Belinda is the face of a future Liberal leader in my opinion. Not only is she young and brave, but she is outspoken and intelligent and has verbalized her concerns with the Conservatives. Something I wish more people in her position would do.

1 Comments:

Hi Megan,

I stumbled on your blog while surfing the net.

I have to say it is maniacal and eloquent at once.

I agree with a lot of your positions, especially certain entries you've made on Q.

Cheers,

Dean

Post a Comment