<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, May 11 

Warning: Next punk who slam dances me is eating a fist full of knuckles.

Also found on the Calgary Herald Q website.

I love concerts. Seeing a band live after totally grooving to their tunes in the car is nothing more than awesome. Seeing the way the band meshes together all at once, on a stage with tons of screaming fans - nothing can beat that. But; call me an old lady, a stick in the mud or whatever, but seriously - what is the fun with jumping into people (aka. moshing) at concerts?

On Sunday night, I attended the Snow Patrol concert and came home with bruised toes, the raunchy feeling of a random chicks boobs pressed against my back, and a stiletto heal imprinted on my shin. All I wanted was to be up close and personal with the rockers - what I didn't want was what I got.

For whatever reason, the people in the front couple of rows thought it would be a fantastic idea to start jumping into people. Now, not everyone I saw was into this. I for one was not. But, how do you get out of that sort of crowd? Simple. Give up your front row space.

Hardly freaking likely.

I'm sure someone somewhere is shaking their head at me saying "then that's her fault for not moving to another place where there are no moshers". Well my fine feathered friend, I have as much right as anyone else does to stand in the first row or two at the concert. I have just as much of a right not to get slammed into by some punk who get a high by faster played chords on a guitar or a quicker beat on a drum.

I have floor tickets for the upcoming Green Day concert at the Saddledome but am almost hesitant as to whether or not I want to check out the show from the floor. Maybe seats along the bowl will be less painful.

1 Comments:

i'll definitely agree with you here. i mean, i will admit i used to kind of like the mosh pit... in 1994. these days i think that moshing ruins shows for people who'd rather not risk life and limb to see a band they like perform.

Post a Comment