<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, May 30 

Who is Megan E. Pratt?

I was asked by a great friend of mine who I was. Well. Duh. I'm Megan Pratt. Well I don't think that was the answer he was looking for. Something a little more deep. A little more meaningful. Well crap. Don't have that answer either. But I do know what I want. Everyone knows what they want. But then the next comment was, "Get them if you want them" which is something a little harder to attain.

My wants:

I want to have enough money that I can live, securely. I want to be able to wake up in the morning and not worry about which way to part my hair. I want to be able to live on my own, but not in a bachelor suite with potential spiders hiding out in it. I want to be able to come to work each day and enjoy my job so much that I can't wait to go back. I want to be able to be with a guy who won't move away on me.

I want to be able to drive my car and not worry about the noises I hear lurking. I want to be able to move to Rome and have some sort of a life for a year or so. I want to be able to go back to school full-time and not be scared out of my mind to do so. I want a pink iPod full of songs to keep me entertained on my walks with Tanu. I want to be able to get hugs from my dog like my mom does.

I want people to understand when I say something that I don't need a lectured or academic answer. I want compassion to occasionally come out of mouths that don't often give it. I want someone to have a eureka moment and crown me "Ruler of All".

But what I am:

I am the the tango dancer who has to lead all the time. The prize beauty wanting to unveil herself but too often just taken and jammed into a role, a costume made of someone's expectations. A placeholder in someone's elaborate fantasy, instead of a person.

I thirst for adventure, but not a lonely adventure. One with a companion to share in the thrills, the up sand the downs. Too often I've been treated AS the adventure. And that leads to nothing but downs without ups, and of course no thrills other than those she can give. It has to be draining.

I have simple desires, and it's mistaken for a general simplicity, I am underestimated but don't care. I have the work ethic of an ambitious soul but without the selfish ambition; a rare and wonderful personality.

I want to just be myself, and for my companion to just be himself. This hasn't been the case yet. I've been asked to be a mythical "ideal someone else" for everyone I've been with, while everyone I've been with has spent most of their time dissatisfied with who they are, and off chasing an identity that can't be found, but must be felt.

And that my friends, is who Megan is. Take it or leave it.

2 Comments:

No. Compassion is for anyone who choses to cultivate it; rich or poor.

Wow Megan, looks like you touched a nerve with poor Aaron.

Personally I think the very act of self-analysis is a far better indicator of what kind of person you are than some pseudo new age "everything's ok with the world I just have to think happy thoughts" garbage. But of course some people have different ideas about 'responsibility'...

Post a Comment