<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, June 19 

I understand what you're saying, but what I need is a good, solid sports analogy.

And that's exactly what he gave me.

"I come in with the pass, you drop me the keys - I drop you the new ones and voila - touchdown!". Makes sense, I think.

There comes a time when so many bad things happen in a week, that a change is just what's needed. Maybe it's an emotional thing, maybe it's the lack of true oxygen to my brain lately, heck maybe it's the rain, but this past week needed to end on a happy note; and I think I made it happen.

Let's just run through my week:

Monday. A letter to the editor was written to the Calgary Herald (and published) commenting on how I was one of the least compassionate people to have walked the earth. Meh. I laughed it off thinking, to each their own. Then the comments started coming in about my opinion piece on the pride parade.

Tuesday. More comments. Alright. People are reading my stuff and reacting to it - that's great. Mmm maybe it's not so great. Alistair was hanging with Honda for the day getting his timing belt fixed. Oh, what's that you say? His exhaust manifold is broken? Oh and you have never heard of that happening in a Honda before? Excellent. How much is it going to cost? Rrrrrrrright.

Wednesday. More comments. Getting catty remarks from some people. It's ok. I'm sticking by my gun with my opinions. What ever happened to freedom of speech? Apparently it's not so kosher to have an opinion. Make mental note: Add this disclaimer to my website - This website contains opinions on sex, politics and religion. These are my thoughts, opinions, rants, and mental pukes. If you don't like it, don't read it. Oooh and then someone hits Al in the parking lot at lunch. Rrrighteo. This ain't no small door ding - Al got smashed. Sigh.

Thursday. Even more comments. Ooook. The magazine, the Western Standard calls me at work and asks to interview me for an upcoming piece on the bear situation out in Canmore. Rock on - or so I thought. I do believe I'll be burned at the stake for my comments. Can't make everyone happy I guess. Have a bit of a mental breakdown and call my editor at the Herald for some advice. If Catherine Ford says, Don't let the bastards get you down, then damnit - that is exactly what I won't let have happen.

Friday. I think it's the end of the comments. Alright. I can FINALLY get some sleep after a week of none. Took Al into Honda to get an estimate on the damage; Roger told me, jokingly, that I should look at a new car. Megan's senses go off and poof - the sports analogy comes in to play and I am one happy chick. Went out and saw the wickedest most coolest movie -
It's all Gone Pete Tong with Scott, downed a bottle of wine, and ka-ching. Bed time.

Saturday. Went to Honda with dad, chose Alistair the second, did some random errands and came home with a bottle of wine and a movie. Drank the wine, watched the movie and slept. Mmm low key day.

Sunday. Woke up early (bad news bears with the wine), found out the truck was broken into (out of all the things to take, the little punk ass bitches took the Luther Vandross cd among others...) had Fathers Day brunch, drove downtown and checked out the flooding cuz I'm a dork, organized my plethora of cds, washed Al and then uh yah.

Let's hope Monday is better. If this upcoming week is a week like last week, count me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment