<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 10 

Whoopee - the game is back. Giddy up. Yay. Horrah. Boo ya. Uh..

If I could just get over how much these players make to play a game, I might show a little excitement in regards to the strike being over. But until I can actually comfortably handle it, I really don't need this game.

Ok, I admit I am a long time Vancouver Canucks fan. Thanks to my dad, at a young age I developed a strong infatuation with the coastal team. It wasn't until the NHL players union decided enough was enough and walked out that I actually opened my eyes a little wider and gasped at the fact that these goons who skate the rink to pass a puck around make more than people who actually have real jobs, in the real world.

People can argue and bicker with me all they want over how if I was able to shoot a puck like these players could then maybe I would make millions too, but I will stand firmly and say that the average salary of an NHL player before the lockout ($1.83 million) is more than anyone should be making. The strike made the players look like nothing more than greedy players who just couldn't get their own way.

But at the end of the day, who actually wins? The players might win. They walk away with all the media attention they can handle along with a fat cheque. The owners are happy because they have revenue once again coming to their team. But the real winners might be the concession workers have jobs again.

Maybe the fans think they won. And hey, maybe some of them enjoyed the game enough in the first place to actually believe they did.

1 Comments:

Didn't you used to work for the Flames? I smell a bridge burning.

Post a Comment