<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, January 22 

Four Wise Men.

Alright so I guess now I have no real excuse for not writing and pulling that line "I don't know what to write about" sure isn't going to cut it anymore as there is tons of shit going on in the world. Sigh. I guess I just have to start getting at it more, eh? I have appreciated the random emails from some of you saying "yo - bitch. get your ass in gear and write something". Alright alright. Ok... you win.

So there is this quasi-important day tomorrow when we're all suppose to be patriotic and stand up for our rights and beliefs and stuff and goddamnit. I have no idea who I am voting for. While my dad stays up pacing throughout the night in worry over the election, I rest soundly knowing that no matter who I vote for - it's not really going to change. Sure, people can think that having a blue government instead of a red government will make a huge difference. Feel free to argue but I know the truth. Oooor not.

I guess I should choose a colour to put the x beside. Not sure if the scandalous 'tried tested and true' red party will get it, the sketchy 'just give us a chance' blue party, the 'we're better than the rest of them' orange party or the 'peace love and happiness' green party, will get my vote. I have a couple hours to dwell on it. I have a whole dinner time conversation to discuss it at. Or, I have the eenie-meenie-miney-mo route tomorrow. What I do know though is: $600 will still be taken off my cheque every time I get paid, gas prices will still have the insane federal-gas tax attached to it, people will still complain that 'it's not fair' and the young chaps will still go off to war. So really... what is going to change?

2 Comments:

The only thing that changes are the names.

Besides, our vote doesn't even count. If you don't live in Ontario, it never does.

I'd like to think it means something. That maybe one-day, just once, it would matter a little more than it seems it does.

Post a Comment