<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, January 9 

Just when I thought it was safe to go...

A little spur of the moment trip which was basically planned on the fly - ended in me actually being rather impressed with myself. Besides the tears and the random temper tantrum on the bunny-run, I managed to do pretty well. Let me explain...

Scott and I stuffed his car full of snowboards, gear, luggage and cds and headed southwesterly down through the Crowsnest Pass. Questioned random towns and their primary industries, stopped in Fernie to change a wiper blade and eat a tuna sub, locked the doors in Cranhole and ate some Dillicious chips, almost clenching a chunk of Scott's leg off by my nervous-passenger tendencies driving over the Salmo-Creston summit, briefly stopping in Ymir where we had a pee-break and then finally Nelson. Ahhhhh sweet Hippie stop. Cute little place actually. What's cuter? Ainsworth - population you and the guy next door.


It was New Year's Eve and Scott and I had to grab Chelsey and her beau in Nelson - which was a 40 minute drive from Ainsworth - if you were going the limit - which he was not. Bad idea. Got pulled over and given a warning. Ahhhh sweet Nelson cops. Had a super strong margarita at Mazatlan in Nelson, hit up the local Beer and Wine store, Subway again and then made the trek back to Ainsworth where we settled in and busted out the booze. We played a little poker (which, by the way, I dominated at... after I got the hang of it), quick New Years kiss, drank some more and then off to bed it was.

Had a crazy veggie breakfast (with a slice o' bacon), grabbed the snowpants and gloves and took Scotts supercar up the sketchy logging road to a cemetery which is probably one of the more beautiful places I have seen. Seriously sketch road - but wicked sight to behold. Had a quick snowball fight and got back in the car and took another sketchy logging road up to Loon Lake - a place Chelsey assured us was just "right around the next switchback". Suuuuuure. The snow was getting a little deeper, the cliff to the one side a little steeper, and the traction on the road a little less so. Stuck the car in park, grabbed the sleds and hoofed it to the lake. Quite the beauty actually. Sooo freakin desolate that it was almost eerie. Went back to the car, slowly crawled back down the hill, a quick drive to Kaslo to play in the snow and then was greeted with a big ol' New Years Day feast. Mmmm food. Off to Ainsworth Hot Springs after wiping the tears from my eyes from the stories of how "scary Whitewater's chair lift" is and then off to bed. Mmmmm zzzzzzz's....

Up early. Ok not that early. Erm. Really not that early. Out of bed by 10, fought a little with Scott over how much I don't want to snowboard (have I ever been known not to be difficult???) and then had a little clam chowder. Drove for what seemed like forever to Whitewater and got some hot rentals. I was hot dudes. I was smokin. Heh. Too bad I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. So. Had a panic attack on the bunny run because I kept falling, had a hissy fit on the chair lift, almost killed myself getting off the chair lift (fucking cement wall....) and then biffing it numerous times down the easy run. What a day. Thank God that one run took like an hour. Pfeuf. After a couple more times up the chair lift - I actually managed not to fall on my ass/face/side/backwards and actually began enjoying myself. What was this? I was actually having fun? Weird. Biffed it pretty hard and decided to header into the lodge for some hot chocolate and poutine (lunch of champions) - then it was back to the car for the drive home. Relatively painless day. Stopped for dinner at Chelseys friends house and met a boy who was the splitting image of my brother Ian. Won't Ian be sad now that I have met someone who has the same jokes as my little bro. Hm. Not so original now are ya Ian? Hm? Didn't think so... Back to the Hot Springs and off to bed.

Ahhhh the day to drive home. Loaded the car, said the good byes and sped to the ferry terminal. We were the last car on the ferry - and about 20 seconds away from not making the trek across the lake - but over the Summit again. Shudder... Enjoyed talks about politics, weird looking lagoon monsters, how crappy Creston is, how much longer it was til Timmy's and how work wasn't looking like it was going to be much fun this week. I took the wheel and drove Scott nuts with my cruising in 4th, rather than 5th. Heh.

And then Kimberly. Ahhh sweet Kimberly. Attempted to see Renee and Erika at the Village Bistro but alas, were closed. Waved at the old house, saw the new sights and hoofed it out of town. What a place... ahh the memories.

Drove to Radium, right past the Hot Springs. Erm... do a U'ee and pay the $14 for a dip in the pool. Well ain't that grand - it's smokin' hot. After a couple hours in the hot tub and my fingers turning pruney - we decide to stay in the quaint little town called Radium for the night. We grab some expensive pub food and find the cheapest room in town for a quick snooze before it's back home for us.

So that's my New Years. Exciting for some, incredible for others.

1 Comments:

Does seem more fantastic then mine.

I watched my friends play poker, hit on a married woman, and after being up for over 24 hours straight, chose a spot on the floor and passed out.

Sounds like you had a good time.

Post a Comment