<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, February 26 

Look ma - it's snowing.

Dinner is always an entertaining time on Sunday nights with my family. Suddenly, my parents aren't just parents, but more so just one of the gang. We sit around the table, eating drinking and mingling for a solid two hours before one of us moves, usually to get more food. It's never a dull moment.

After dropping off Scott tonite I had the pleasure of driving in a blizzard like state down Macleod Trail. I've been surprised how well my car has done in the snow since the tires are crap. I think I'm either too lazy or too cheap to buy new tires. Or maybe secretly I am hoping someone will either steal my car or run into it therefore writing it off so I can get rid of it. The payments are killing me.

While laying in bed this morning I couldn't stop thinking about how great it would be to have my own place. A place I can decorate, walk around naked in, cook in, hang out in. I wouldn't want a basement suite in some shady apartment or person's house. I wouldn't want it to be in a shady neighborhood where I was afraid to go outside in, and I definitely wouldn't want to hear the pitter patter of little mice or other such rodents between the walls. Unfortunately though, those are looking like my options. Until I get rid of Alister, I am stuck with ridiculously high payments and therefore wouldn't be able to afford the condo I have dreamt of purchasing for the past couple of years.

If anyone has an extra $20k kicking around, I'll even kick in the floormats.

I have been asked to expand on my abortion piece which I did for the Herald Blog last week. I'm not sure as to how to tackle it as either way - someone will be pissed off and call me a murderer for my stance on it or they will send mean letters to the Editor. I like to think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion... so why can't I share mine?

7 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Megs - you have a gift that allows other to express their opinions. They likely were never brave enough to express it outright, therefore need bring it out as a rebutal.

Take pride in knowing that you have the ability to open discussions - whether it is negative or not. That is a talent and I for one, am always interested in reading what you have to say.

Keep it up and continue to challenge those who disagree with you. Tackle those touchy subjects and don't let the negative comments bring you down. Those people don't know the real you; that you have a good, honest heart and are beautiful on the inside and outside.

$15K CASH

you know I have it...

I know you do.

20K though. It doesn't have many kms on it at all and still smells new.

Vehicle Details

2005 Honda Civic Si

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.0L VTEC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: FWD
KMs: 18,000

Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Vehicle Condition Rating:

'Excellent' - Private Party Value $13,965.95 CAD

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Offer: $15,000.00

I paid WAY more for that and it's only half a year old. There is no way I will take anything less.
And besides, you have a nice car. Right?

Hi,
sorry this is completely irrelevant to your discussion about your car, however it is relevant to your post on abortion, the one you wrote of Calgary Herald.
I really admire how you had the guts to publish that piece in the Herald. I am looking foward to an expansion of that blog.
Anyways, I wrote a response on your piece in your blog, and perhaps you might be interested in reading it. Any comments after would be most welcome.

Post a Comment