<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, March 30 

A vineyard to your left, a city to your right.

Continuing on with my being difficult, I was less than plussed with the idea of us going to Rome for x number of days. I wanted to see the Amalfi Coast. I wanted to see a beach and lay on it. I was in Italy - I wanted to take my perception of Italy in while I could.

Bags were packed, sleep wiped out of our eyes and a piece of coffee cake was in our stomach - we were off to experience the city that is Florence. I underestimated this place - it had more history to it than you could imagine. The beauty was top notch and made only that much better knowing that we had all day to take it in - and we could walk. My pants were becoming increasingly looser, yes!

A four hour wait to enter the science museum to see the famous David was not in order. Why wait that long when you can see replica statues through out the city? Views were seen better from up high at Piazza Michelangelo - a short hike up a steep hill. The contrast of colours between the rustic red buildings and the vibrant lush vineyards and farms that surrounded the city was what Tuscany was to me. I was mesmerized.

After shared panini from a street vendor, our mission was to head back to the hostel to grab our bags and begin our next trip to Rome. I wished I was as excited as he was. Who would have known what was in store for us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment