<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, June 3 

Saturday afternoon.

In the most heartbreaking act of survival-of-the-fittest / Darwinism, I witnessed a momma duck and her herd of ducklings attempt the impossible: cross Deerfoot trail. The even more unfortunate thing is only a couple years ago, the destination they were trying to get to (where the mammoth Ikea is) was a grassy marsh land full of trees, ponds, ravines and grass.

To make myself feel better I'll tell myself they all made it across 10 lanes of traffic safely - but my heart says otherwise. There is no way possible for ducklings to weave in and out of car tires without ending up on the bottom of them.

It's too bad our need for bigger stores easier convenience to one-stop-shopping has made animals homeless and lost.

---

In my attempt to do my part for the environment and little creatures that inhabit it, I've found myself on a recycling and wild / organic food kick. These guys have a fair amount of pull with regards to my latest trend and no, I'm not turning hippie on ya'll. Pretty disturbing stuff if you read through it - but then maybe you just have to witness everything first hand to really grasp the importance of paying a little extra attention when buying things like fish or throwing out paper.

/end weird hippie-esque post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment