<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, October 3 

My Best Friends Wedding.

A week before her wedding, Lindsay asked me to give a speech at the reception. I'm not big on public speaking so I was less thank stoked. Thankfully though, it went off without a hitch.

And here it is:

Lindsay. Thank you. Thank you for never making it a dull moment when I am around you. Even though we have had our interesting times together, it has always been something I can sit back and laugh at and enjoy.

Now, I'm going to tell you a little bit about my friend Zerbin. A friend I am proud to have called my best since the early days of junior high.

Now, Lindsay and I had next to nothing in common. She liked hockey, I liked ballet. She liked Green Day and I liked Ace of Base. Soon enough though, we found out that we did have at least one thing in common: Brad Pitt.

We would rent oodles of videos and camp out in either her bedroom or my basement and watch them. Once we found out his favourite beverage was Mountain Dew, it quickly became our favourite drink.

Although we have had numerous guys come and go throughout our individual lives during our 12-year friendship, she always had more. And they weren't just boys either, they were men. And they weren't just men either, they were rockstars.

Men such as: John Lennon, Ringo Starr, George Harris, and Paul McCartney to name a few. She then moved on to Kurt Cobain, and Johnny Depp, Gene Simmons, and Paul Stanley. And I’m sure there were others.

And then came Ian.

I was first introduced to Ian during a trip to the Purple Turtle, a rockin 80's night club filled with van Halen wannabes. There he was, a member of the band the Mocking Shadows. I had no idea he would have such an impact on her until a couple months later. Ian this, Ian that, Ian blah blah blah. It was all Ian, all the time. I was officially jealous and had come to the realization that my Lindsay was now actually head over heels for this guy.

Thank you, Ian. Thank you for coming into her life and being her rockstar. I am so happy that she met you. You two are quite the team. You make things entertaining and exciting for the rest of us. You make us proud to be your friends.

I am as glad as I can be that you two are officially Mr and Mrs. I hope that your road goes on forever and your party never ends.

I love you both.

1 Comments:

What a beautiful speech! She's lucky to have a friend who can write so well.

Jenn

Post a Comment